Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Tanerore, Kowhaiwhai SLJ task

For my summer learning journey task today I had to create a drawing of a Kowhaiwhai pattern and use colors that remind me of Tanerore who is the son of Tama-Nui-te-ra in Maori and is a personification for shimmering air, the colors I used to color the background of the Kowhaiwhai is colors similar to orange because it reminds me of the shimmering sun which is what I am trying to represent in the Kowhaiwhai I have drawn, this task was very interesting and I enjoyed doing this task today.

 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Laolao,

    My name is Fiona and I'm from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Wow - what an outstanding kowhaiwhai pattern you have made - ka pai! I really like the way you have explained your choice of beautiful orange in your background to represent the shimmering sun.

    You have also done an amazing write up about Tānerore and the wiriwiri. This taught me so much, thank you! Did you have a go at creating a kowhaiwhai pattern using the Google draw template? I tried this and it was a lot of fun reflecting the images and changing the background.

    Keep up the great blogging - I can’t wait to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,

    Fiona (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,Fiona

      Thank you for the lovely comment, I'm glad you have liked my Kowhaiwhai pattern I have drawn, and I have not yet tried creating a Kowhaiwhai pattern on the google draw template but I will make sure I do.

      -Laolao

      Delete